- An experienced Ayurvedic therapist is available to offer massage treatments within the private house courtyard.
- Beach House is best enjoyed as a relaxing retreat - boogie boarding, sandcastle building, writing or reading. Boogie boards and pool lilos are complimentary.
- Beach House has a small chest of board games to entertain the troops.
- Yala Safari and Bundala Bird Sanctuary are a great day's excursion. Henri can arrange a driver for $60 per day.
- Turtle Conservation Farms and the fishing harbours are nearby excursions. Damika can arrange a taxi.
- Diving is available in Tangalle Dec-March but you would have to travel 1-3 hours to Dikwella or Arugam Bay for water sports such as windsurfing and kitesurfing.
- Katuragama, a 1 hour journey away, is a religious town attracting pilgrims of Buddhism, Hindu and Muslim faiths. In July, the streets are filled with colourful dancing and elephant parades - a local 'Perehera.'
For our recommendations on places of interest, restaurants and local transport in Tangalle and the South Coast, click here.